BuildMaster 5.3.2 Has Been Released
We just shipped BuildMaster 5.3.2. It's a maintenance release of BuildMaster 5.3 which means that there is minimal risk to upgrading from an earlier 5.3. However, if you're planning to upgrade from a version prior to 5.3, make sure to read the appropriate upgrade notes.
To install or upgrade, simply download BuildMaster and run the installer.
Here's what we changed between 5.3.1 and 5.3.2:
- BM-2157 - FIX: Release number should default to "latest" and should not be required in the Deploy Release Package operation
- BM-2155 - FIX: Context iteration statement for deployables may skip a deployable if it is not included directly in the release even if it is referenced by a dependant deployable
- BM-2156 - FIX: Deployable variable functions may assume deployable name follows a stricter format than is actually allowed (i.e. an execution engine qualified name)
- BM-2154 - Display latest execution date in the package deployment status timeline instead of initial promoted date
- BM-2151 - INSTALLER: Always upgrade the 5 built-in extensions
- BM-2152 - Add CreateReleaseNoteOperation
- BM-2150 - FIX: Converted operation from Execute Command Line legacy action can fail if "import BuildMaster variables into environment" is set to true
- BM-2149 - FIX: SFTP copy file method should only pass -n when overwrite is not specified
- BM-2148 - Hide Create button on Create Release page when there are no pipelines accessible by an application in addition to the error already displayed
- BM-2147 - Display pipeline name on Release Templates overview page
- BM-2146 - FIX: Release templates that use global pipelines may persist incorrectly if local pipeline name matches
- BM-2144 - FIX: Unique Key Constraint error should be captured more cleanly when promoting a package that was already promoted, either automatically or by another user
- BM-2145 - FIX: GMT timezone display bug for retention policies
- BM-2143 - When converting legacy plans on the application plans page, default to selected application to the current application regardless of legacy plan's application membership
- BM-2142 - FIX: Legacy executions combined with v5.3 style variables uses incorrect ordering to resolve value
- BM-2141 - FIX: Remote ensure operations display incorrect descriptions in Plan Editor
- BM-2140 - Pipeline pages should indicate whether a specified plan name exists and give an error if no plan is found
To learn more about how we distinguish between major, minor, and maintenance releases, make sure to check out KB#1059 - When should I update?