BuildMaster 5.6.9 Has Been Released
We just shipped BuildMaster 5.6.9. It's a maintenance release of BuildMaster 5.6 which means that there is minimal risk to upgrading from an earlier 5.6. However, if you're planning to upgrade from a version prior to 5.6, make sure to read the appropriate upgrade notes.
To install or upgrade, simply download BuildMaster and run the installer.
Here's what we changed between 5.6.8 and 5.6.9:
- BM-2395 - Display pipeline name in addition to next stage name on the My Approvals page
- BM-2381 - FIX: Role not set in execution when servers are selected by role in a pipeline stage
- BM-2389 - FIX: Template properties button may not show up in plan editor
- BM-2393 - Add Compare Directory Report Operation
- BM-2392 - FIX: Variable bulk edit for releases and release packages checks for Admin_ConfigureBuildMaster task instead of Releases_Manage
- BM-2391 - FIX: DB changescripter executable should return nonzero exit code when a change script fails
- BM-2388 - FIX:Variables from ancestors of the current application group are inaccessible
- BM-2386 - Add API endpoint to reject release packages
- BM-2385 - FIX: Error during manual infrastructure import from Otter
- BM-2384 - Add API endpoint to create a release from a release template
- BM-2383 - Add deployable name to release configuration file list if associated with a deployable
- BM-2382 - Add clearer details to error message (and remove stack trace) when an operation property value fails to map correctly
- BM-2377 - Increase visibility of "run now" button for retention policies page
- BM-2376 - Allow Deploy Artifact operation to clear target when "TransferAll" is true, and add warning on Deploy-Artifact if TransferAll and DeployAsZip are both set
- BM-2373 - FIX: Compare-Artifacts Operation uses legacy artifact path
- BM-2374 - Add @ConfigurationFiles and @ConfigurationFileInstances functions
- BM-2371 - FIX: Create package link on packages page does not pre-fill release template package variables
- BM-2370 - FIX: "System.InvalidCastException" attempting to run Approval Required event listener in the service
- BM-2369 - FIX: Pipeline variables incorrectly override variables defined in a release template
To learn more about how we distinguish between major, minor, and maintenance releases, make sure to check out KB#1059 - When should I update?