Amazon Web Services delivers a set of services that together form a reliable,
scalable, and inexpensive computing platform "in the cloud."
Low Cost: Pay-as-you go, no upfront expenses or long-term commitments.
Instant Elasticity: Instantly deploy your application. Scale resources up or down based on demand.
Open & and Flexible: If it runs in a data center, it can run on AWS. You have full control.
Secure: Utilize a secure technology platform built and managed by Amazon.
AWS is a cloud service, so your BuildMaster server must have access to the Internet for this extension to work. The Amazon extension includes
Actions for performing AWS tasks as part of your deployment plans.
Using AWS with BuildMaster
EC2 and S3
This extension includes Actions which allow BuildMaster to manage EC2 instances and S3 storage buckets.
The extension includes Actions for managing EC2 instances:
- Create Amazon EC2 Instance - Creates a new EC2 instance using a specified image ID, and optionally associates it with a specified IP address.
- Terminate Amazon EC2 Instance - Terminates an EC2 instance with a specified ID or public IP address.
An Action is also available for uploading files from any BuildMaster Server/Agent to an S3 bucket.
The extension also includes Actions which allows BuildMaster to create, control and manage CloudFormation stacks.
- Deploy CloudFormation Template - Deploys a new CloudFormation stack from a template stored in an S3 bucket,
as a configuration file or as text within the action.
- Wait For CloudFormation Stack Creation - Waits for a CloudFormation stack to complete initialization.
- Delete CloudFormation Stack - Deletes a CloudFormation stack and optionally waits for the deletion to finish.
The features provide a rich set of functionality to manage
CloudFormation templates, scaling and security.
To connect to AWS, you will need an Access Key ID and a Secret Access Key. See
Amazon's documentation for help setting this up.
To add this information to BuildMaster, click the Extension Configuration link in any of the AWS-related Actions.
If you are using AWS and would like additional actions for your scenario, please let us know.
We prioritize new actions and features based on user input.