I did the following in my effort to evaluate ProGet:
- created a fresh VM of Windows Server 2012
- installed IIS
- installed the latest ProGet (as of 9/9/2015)
I used the SQL Server Express option and chose port 80 (though I suspected this would conflict with the existing, default IIS site). Otherwise I left the default install settings.
Everything seemed to install successfully. Upon launching, the browser went to localhost/ and gave me the default IIS page (understandably since it was already on port 80). I went into IIS configuration and saw the new ProGet site and saw that it was stopped (again, no surprise there). I stopped the Default Web Site, and started the ProGet site. Refresh browser.
Now I'm getting a 500.19 server error:
Config Error: This configuration section cannot be used at this path. This happens when the section is locked at a parent level. Locking is either by default (overrideModeDefault="Deny"), or set explicitly by a location tag with overrideMode="Deny" or the legacy allowOverride="false".
35: <remove name="rules-ISAPI-4.0_64bit" />
Line 34 is the highlighted line.
I have extensive experience with .NET and IIS application configuration and this one is throwing me off a bit. I did attempt a couple things:
- created a default site sub directory application for ProGet (my ultimate goal)
- switched the ProGet application pool to Integrated pipeline from Classic
- commented out the offending configuration section (this resulted in error 403.14: can't list directory contents)
None of these had any effects. I can't imagine that my choice of port 80 or the default of 81 would cause any problems beyond those I expected and ultimately got, but fixed. So I'm now at a loss as to why this isn't working.