This page displays all the KB, documentation, tutorials, extensions, and Q/A which are associated with the tags "installation".
Knowledge Base Articles
Last Updated: 9/29/2016
Inedo products all have the same database requirements. This table summarizes the options available:
Last Updated: 8/3/2016
Malware protection is meant to ensure that our systems and sensitive information aren't compromised.
Occasionally, this protection doesn't quite work as intended and flags a secure download; this is known as a false positive.
Last Updated: 5/7/2016
Since ProGet supports silent installation, it is pretty straightforward
to automatically deploy it as part of a script. However, it is also
possible to use the SQL API to add some standard initial configuration.
Last Updated: 9/18/2015
Inedo Products require any SQL Server from 2005 to 2012 to be installed. As a database-based applications,
there’s no getting around that. To make installation simpler for users that would just like to quickly get started using or evaluating the software,
we distribute an installer with SQL Express 2005 included, and provide the option of automatically installing an instance as part of installation.
Last Updated: 9/3/2015
We try to make installation as simple as possible, and while it usually installs with no issues, once in a while something goes wrong
(which is probably why you are here reading this).
- I have migrate my proget from a machine without to a new one with IIS.
I have backed up my database, and restore in the new one.
I copy my package...
Publishing NPM packages
One of our dev is trying to install our NPM to Proget instance and having some difficulties to do so.
He is following the steps here : htt...
SQL Structure / Database data
When installing Proget, how exactly does it setup it's SQL DB? (Structure, data, etc.)
When I first installed Proget, it appears to work ...
BuildMaster offine version
- Due to security reasons, we need to deploy BuildMaster in offline mode, without any internet connection required. Is it supported doing that? (trial a...
BuildMaster Restore - Plugins
When migrating from one server to another the current advice is to backup the BuildMaster database as well as artifacts and transfer them.
Out of box installation not working.
- I did the following in my effort to evaluate ProGet:
* created a fresh VM of Windows Server 2012
* installed IIS
* installed the latest ProGet (a...
How to migrate to different server?
- What is the procedure to migrate ProGet from one serer to another? My first guess would be to just do a backup/restore of the database, then do a fres...
Installer crashing with no output
- Upgrading from 3.10 (build 8)
On windows 2008r2, fully patched (now) running proget.setup.exe exits silently after unzipping
Cannot uninstall Buildmaster
- I am trying to uninstall Buildmaster from a Windows 8.1 machine, through Control Panel -> Programs & Features. Uninstall dialog shows up, but the unin...
This page can’t be displayed
- Install on a Win 7 workstation as Windows Service went well. Install on a Windows Server 2012 R2 having problems. Tried as windows service. Had some k...
- I'm struggling to get Proget 3.3.0 installed. A fresh install with built in SQL Express 2005 throws an installation error (Googling it suggested the ...
Backing up ProGet
- I am working on a plan to deploy ProGet, and part of that is how to back it up. Looking at the database, it doesn't appear that it stores binaries in ...
How to setup ProGet with LDAP
- How do you connect Proget to LDAP? I have turned on Windows authentication for the IIS site I have set Proget up on. I dont know what to do next. I ca...
Database Size Requirements
I'm requesting a database to be created on an SQL 2008 cluster for self-hosted BuildMaster. DBAs are asking for an estimated size of the databa...
BuildMaster Installation Error
- I just installed your product for the first time. I provided credentials for an existing SQL Server (2008) and told it to use IIS. It installed SQL ...
3.2 upgrade problems
- I just upgraded to 3.2 and now when I click BuildMaster all I get is the is an empty localhost at the url.
It cannot find the BM website....
Cannot install ProGet free or trial
- I am attempting to evaluate ProGet however the installer has free and trial options greyed out and unclickable.
Additionally, when I install the En...
BuildMaster installation issue
- When installation BuildMaster, I get an error in the installation log that reads:
Service install failed with exit code...
Update from 2.7.6 to 3.0.5 failed
- When trying to update to 3.0.5 of BuildMaster the installation failed when trying to backup the DB (connection timeout was the error). Unfortunately i...