New Reply

I'm not sure when this stopped working as I didn't hit until I went back to an older app that uses it but it used to work.
However, I also am working on a new project which is using multi-branch building on Jenkins which also uses folders that represent the branch names as the job names and the Jenkins extension for BuildMaster cannot find the jobs.

In jenkins the path to the job taking the URL is "https://buildserver/job/project/job/jobname/" so in BuildMaster this was set as project/job/jobname which used to work but now does not.
I've tried using just the project and also tried how Jenkins has it in the JOB_NAME variable in Jenkins, project\jobname , but those do not work either.

Just wanted to check if this is indeed a bug or just a format change? If a format change could you please let me know what that new format should be.

Additional info:
Jenkins - 2.138.2
BuildMaster Jenkins extension - 1.0.1

Product: BuildMaster
Version: 6.0.10

Hello Jon,

project/job/jobname should still work.

It appears that the code to wait for a build to finish is getting stuck:

Queueing build in Jenkins...
Creating HttpClient with username ben...
Retrieving CSRF protection header value...
Posting to http://jenkins:8080/job/project/job/jobs/build...
Jenkins build queued successfully.
Queue item number: 1
Creating HttpClient with username ben...
Retrieving CSRF protection header value...
Waiting for build to start... (In the quiet period. Expires in 2.8 sec)
Creating HttpClient with username ben...
Retrieving CSRF protection header value...
Waiting for build to start... (In the quiet period. Expires in 0.62 sec)
Creating HttpClient with username ben...
Retrieving CSRF protection header value...
Waiting for build to start... (???)
Creating HttpClient with username ben...
Retrieving CSRF protection header value...
Creating HttpClient with username ben...
Retrieving CSRF protection header value...
Waiting for build to start... ()
Creating HttpClient with username ben...
Retrieving CSRF protection header value...
Creating HttpClient with username ben...
Retrieving CSRF protection header value...

I'll try to find the root cause of this.

Ben,
When I'm doing this there is no build going on. I do not have BM call Jenkins to launch a build but rather have Jenkins build and call BM to deploy. I have Jenkins calling over to BM to import a build. When I do that I am passing the build number and project name but BM cannot find the job.
I've also tried this manually from BM by Create Package and filling out the package variables.

Thanks,
jon

Hello Jon,

I've released version 1.0.2 of the Jenkins plugin to fix the build never being found, and it appears to work properly with importing assets as well.

Thanks, it is working now.

Answer Details

Preview:

Post Reply