Please review this policy thoroughly before utilizing our websites or any Inedo Products.
The Policy elucidates how we manage your personal information, your privacy entitlements, and the protection the law offers you. It is applicable to individuals visiting our website at https://www.inedo.com or those utilizing Inedo Products (together, the “Platform”).
For the context of applicable data protection laws, the data controller is Inedo, located at 56 Front St. Upper Berea, OH 44017 United States (“Inedo”, “we”, “us”, or “our”), or another Inedo entity if you’ve entered an agreement with such.
Be aware that this Policy does not extend to, or restrict, our collection or disclosure of non-personal information (i.e., data that isn’t associated with or doesn’t identify you) we might accumulate during your engagement with the Products.
Information we may collect from you.
We might gather and process the subsequent data regarding you:
Information you provide to us. This can be obtained when you complete forms on our Platform, log in, or communicate with us via phone, email, chat, or other means. It encompasses (but isn’t limited to) details you offer while utilizing our service and reporting issues with our Platform or its services. The data you provide is contingent on the context; since it’s directly provided by you, you’ll always be aware of what we are receiving. We might retain a record of such correspondence or details in line with our Data Deletion and Retention Policy for purposes including addressing the issue you raised, enhancing operational efficiency, managing nuisance callers, or as mandated by legal stipulations.
It’s important to highlight that we don’t collect payment details from you. Such information is gathered directly by our third-party payment processing partner.
We might compile the following data:
- Your contact specifics (telephone number, physical address, email address).
- Technical data, comprising the Internet Protocol (IP) address connecting your device to the Internet, login credentials, browser model and edition, timezone, browser plug-in kinds and versions, operating framework, and platform; and
- Data regarding your engagement, including the entire Uniform Resource Locators (URL) navigational path to, via, and from our Platform (encompassing date and time); page identifier; items viewed or searched; page response durations, download issues, duration of visits to specific pages, interactive page elements (like scrolling, clicks, and hover-overs), metadata about payload and page; analytical records; DOM and mutation event data; public comments you opt to make; and the means employed to navigate away from the page, as well as any phone digits dialed to reach our customer service.
Utilization of Information
We employ the information we have about you for the following purposes:
- to fulfill our responsibilities stemming from contracts established between you and us, and to deliver the information, goods, and services you seek from us;
- for customer support services;
- to tailor your user experience;
- to communicate with you regarding your account;
- when it aligns with our legitimate interests (or those of a third party), provided your rights and fundamental freedoms do not surpass those interests.
- to inform you about our other products and services akin to the ones you’ve purchased or inquired about;
- to send you our newsletter, inform you about security best practices, and update you on our Platform;
- to present information about products or services that might pique your interest;
- to update you on modifications to our services;
- to manage our Platform and services for internal processes, including problem-solving, data examination, testing, research, statistical, and survey activities;
- to enhance our Platform and services ensuring content is optimized for both you and your computer or mobile device; and
- in our initiatives to ensure the safety and security of our Platform.
Should you decide to stop receiving our newsletters, product notifications, or other marketing messages, you have the option to opt out at any given time.
Legal Grounds for Processing Personal Data
We depend on the subsequent legal foundations to process your personal data:
Execution of our commitments within a contract with you, or initiating pre-contractual steps with you.
Adherence to legal and regulatory mandates.
Our authentic business interests, as well as those of our clients. We base the processing of your personal data on our genuine business interests and those of our clients. For instance, we possess a legitimate interest in offering and enhancing the Inedo service; boosting the security and integrity of our Platform; reducing claims and financial setbacks for us and our clients; marketing the Platform, our services, and brand; engaging in research and analytics; and collaborating with our service vendors who bolster our functional activities.
In instances where we dispatch promotional content via email, we secure your consent, serving as a legal premise for processing your personal data.
Disclosure of your information
We might disclose your data to the following chosen third parties:
- business allies, service providers, and subcontractors for the fulfillment of contracts we embark upon with them or you;
- service providers functioning as processors offering IT, customer management, recruitment handling, and system management services;
- analytics and search engine operators that support us in refining and optimizing our Platform.
Your personal data might be shared with specific third parties under these circumstances:
- with your explicit consent;
- to third parties in the event we decide to sell, transfer, or merge sections of our business or assets. Conversely, we might attempt to purchase other companies or integrate with them. In the event of a business transformation, the succeeding owners may utilize your personal data;
- to other entities within our Inedo corporate family;
- if we are obligated to unveil or share your personal data to satisfy any legal requirement, or to enforce or apply terms pertinent to the Inedo service and other associated documents; or to safeguard the rights, property, or safety of Inedo, our users, or others. This encompasses sharing data with other firms and organizations for fraud prevention and credit risk mitigation purposes.
Where we store your personal data
The information you provide us is kept on our secured servers or those of our service providers. In instances where we’ve assigned you (or where you’ve selected) a password granting you entry to specific sections of our Platform, it is your responsibility to maintain its confidentiality. We urge you not to divulge your password to anyone.
Regrettably, no data transmission over the internet can be assured as entirely secure. While we strive to safeguard your personal data meticulously, we cannot affirm the absolute security of the data transmitted to our Platform; any transmission is undertaken at your own peril. Upon receiving your data, we implement stringent protocols and security mechanisms to deter unauthorized access.
We’ll hold on to your personal data only for the duration necessary to realize the objectives we gathered it for, encompassing compliance with legal, regulatory, tax, accounting, or reporting obligations. Your personal data might be stored for an extended period if a complaint arises, or we have a reasonable ground to anticipate a potential dispute concerning our interaction with you.
The suitable period for retaining personal data is ascertained considering the volume, type, and sensitivity of the data, the impending risk of damage resulting from unauthorized disclosure or utilization of your personal data, the goals for which we are processing the data and if those objectives can be accomplished by other methods, alongside the relevant legal, regulatory, tax, accounting, or other stipulations.
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out below, please contact us at info at inedo dot com.
To remove your account from Inedo’s database, please contact us at the aforenoted address.
If you are needing to contact legal/DPO – email to the aforenoted addressed.
You have the right to:
Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
Request restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios:
If you want us to establish the data’s accuracy.
- Where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it.
- Where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims.
- You have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
Request the relocation of your personal data to either yourself or another party. We will supply your data in a structured, commonly accepted, machine-readable format to either you or a designated third party. Be aware that this right is applicable solely to automated data that you originally consented for us to process or data used in the fulfillment of a contract with you.
Revoke consent anytime if we are dependent on your consent to process your personal data. Nevertheless, this won’t influence the legality of processing done prior to the withdrawal of your consent. In situations where you retract consent, there might be limitations in offering certain products or services to you. We will inform you about any such limitations at the moment you revoke your consent.
No Standard Fee Required
Ordinarily, you won’t incur any fee to access your personal data or to exercise any of the accompanying rights. Yet, we might impose a reasonable fee for requests that are evidently baseless, repetitive, or excessive. Under these conditions, we reserve the right to decline compliance with the request.
Information We Might Need from You
To confirm your identity and validate your entitlement to access your personal data (or exercise any of your other rights), we might require specific details from you. This step is a precaution to ensure that personal data isn’t disclosed to anyone unauthorized to receive it. We might reach out for additional information concerning your request to expedite our response.
Response Time Frame
Our objective is to address all valid requests within a month. However, for particularly intricate or numerous requests, our response might exceed one month. In such instances, we will inform you and provide updates on the progress.
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance at the aforenoted email address.
Pursuant to Article 27 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), Inedo has appointed European Data Protection Office (EDPO) as its GDPR Representative in the EU. You may contact EDPO regarding matters pertaining to the GDPR:
- by using EDPO’s online request form: https://edpo.com/gdpr-data-request/, or
- by writing to EDPO at Avenue Huart Hamoir 71, 1030 Brussels, Belgium
Stopping Use of the Platform
If you want to stop using the Platform and the Inedo services, you may do so. If you do, you may also want to remove any cookies that we have placed on any device used to access the Platform and the Inedo services.
Third Party Platforms
Our Platform may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites operated by third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.